In the theme of 12 days of Christmas, we’ve put together a list for every Photographers wish list this holiday season consisting of new gear! If you are looking for gifts for yourself or the photographer in your life, we’ve compiled a list of great add-ons and accessories that are bound to light up their faces and make this holiday season a little brighter.
Photo by Design Grapher
1. Most Photographers will tell you the best camera is the one you keep with you, which is why Olloclips CORE Lens Set is a great gift for all Mobile photographers. The CORE Lens Set for iPhone 7 & 7 Plus has new and improved features from its previous version. This set includes a fun fisheye lens for unique photo effects along with a versatile super-wide angle for landscapes and Macro 15x for close-ups.
2. Photographers who manipulate images in post-production will want to get familiar with the AOV Lightroom presets to save time, energy and improve image quality. Check out artofvisuals.com this holiday season for winter bundle specials. We suggest the new Winter preset bundles to create visually stunning winter scenes! *AOV preset filters are designed for RAW format files.
AOV Winter Preset Example 1AOV Moody Winter White - How to Create A Moody Image in Lightroom
3. A card reader is a safer and more power-efficient way to transfer photos and videos to Mac or PC. The Lexar Multi-Card 25-in-1 USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader can support most common memory card formats and utilizes the high-speed USB 3.0 Interface.
4. In the digital world of photography, no one ever has enough memory cards, take a look at the Lexar 32GB Professional UHS-II SDHC Memory Card. These cards are ideal for both speed and capacity for most photo and video applications.
5. Another storage component that may come in handy for those large scale projects the Lexar 128GB JumpDrive P25 USB 3.0 Flash Drive is an inexpensive, high-speed option available in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB options.
6. AOV Gift Card – The holiday season can be a hectic time juggling work, family, friends, Christmas parties and shopping. Here at Art Of Visuals, we’d like to say thank you for being a part of our community with this AOV gift card. AOV gift cards can be used at the AOV Shop towards AOV products.
7. Tamrac Anvil Photography Backpack – For the Photographer who appreciates a backpack designed for their needs but stylish enough for casual wear as well. If you’re the type of person who loves to do research before buying B&H put together a great list for Best Bag for your Buck Roundup
7. For those of you who require functionality but less bulk, the Blackrapid RS-Sport Extreme Strap was designed to be thinner, lighter alternative for those using smaller cameras.
8. For mobile photographers, most of today's smartphones lack a user-replaceable battery, thus making the external battery pack an essential mobile accessory. The ASUS ZenPower packs a massive 10,050mAh battery pack, so it can easily charge a smartphone or device with plenty of juice to spare.
9. For the greener mobile photographers, the Goal Zero Nomad 7 is great for outdoorsy types thanks to its solar panels. This portable unit will directly charge electronics at your campsite or even when hung on your pack as you hike in the sunshine.
10. If you’re not sure what to get your favorite photographer, we know of a secret marketplace to get the absolute best prices on gently used camera’s and lenses. MPB may be new to the US scene but they’ve been upgrading photographers in the UK for years. Figure out what you’re gear is worth or upgrade here:
11. For those of you who shoot quality video, you’ll need quality audio to take your content to the next level. With HDSLR video you’ll need HD sound, with the advanced onboard microphone the Polsen VM-101 Video/DSLR Camera Mounted Microphone works great to isolate voices and instruments while filtering out ambient noise for a pleasant audio experience.
12. Sometimes you'll need more flash than a DSLR can handle. When those times arise it essential to have an external flash. Finding the right flash on a budget may be hard but you can't go wrong with a Bower SFD926N Power Zoom Flash. For shooting, the SFD926N has multiple creative modes for achieving specific effects. B&H Photo has a good guide to on-camera flash if you like options.
From the team here at Art of Visuals we wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year! For all you creatives whose new year's resolution is to improve your photography skills we suggest you check out our Basics to Photography blog to get you up to speed! #AOVblog