Sony Alpha a7SIII Mirrorless Digital Camera
Our favorite camera release of 2020 was without a doubt Sony Alpha’s a7SIII.
We wanted to see if it was capable of shooting a full-scale commercial usually reserved for much larger cameras. The results blew us away.
With features like an updated menu, refreshed ergonomics, updated color science, and 10-bit color, this camera is an obvious choice and a near-perfect upgrade for anyone doing video production.
- 12.1MP Exmor R sensor, optimized for 4K, sensitivity and speed
- New BIONZ XR processing engine delivers 8x more processing power
- Low noise images w/ ISO up to 409,600 and 15+stop dynamic range
- Up to 4K 120p 10-bit 4:2:2 and full pixel readout in all rec. modes
- Up to 4K 120p in XAVC S (AVC), XAVC HS (HEVC) and XAVC S-I (All-I)
- Up to 4K 60p 16-bit RAW video output via HDMI Type-A connector
- Effective internal heat dissipation enables 1-hour 4K 60p recording
- Fast readout for high frame rates, faster AF, minimal rolling shutter
AOV Gear Highlights
Learning about the right camera gear is valuable and so is your time. AOV Gear Highlights is a video series showcasing our favorite camera equipment. These videos are meant to be brief and feature a quick overview of the reviewed products.