We are so excited to sit down with Ryan Killackey. Head of community for cloudspot and time-lapse photographer.
Ryan was on track to become a doctor when he picked up photography and exploring the outdoors as means of spending quality time with his wife. After his first time-lapse composite ” A day in California” gained some major press he faced the difficult decision of finishing his school or pursuing his passion. With the support of his wife and a few clients on lock, he made a leap of faith and never looked back.
Click to tweet: Ryan Killackey a drop out success story.
Time-stamped notes from this episode!
- 00:48: Basic introduction.
- 01:50: What it’s like to be a time-lapse photographer.
- 02:53: Why don’t you tell us how you got involved with photography in the first place?
- 05:38: Behind ” A day in Califonia”
- 08:32: Creating viral content.
- 12:55: Transitioning from medical student to full-time photographer.
- 13:55: Landing your first few clients.
- 15:14: Tools for finding the decision makers.
- 18:35: What are these major clients looking for?
- 20:27: The power of relationships in business.
- 25:24: How did you approach your family about changing your career path.
- 36:31: How did you get introduced to cloudspot?
- 38:08: What are some of the benefits out using cloudspot?
- 44:46: How cloudspot can be a useful tool for our community.